Linn Castle (Germany)
North Rhine-Westphalia See list of castles in Germania
The Linn castle is located in Krefeld, which is located in the western part of North Rhine Westphalia.
The site's origins are attributed to the ancient Romans, when the legions founded the military camp Gelduba (today Gellep district). Krefeld same was the first time in 1105 with the name of Krinvelde. The fortress was built in the twelfth century. Unfortunately, during the Spanish Civil War of 1704, the historical monument was badly damaged.
The castle is a living - and the back tower of noble Otto and his brother Gerlachus Lynn, in the twelfth century, with a size of about 8.5 x 14.5 m was built on the site of tuff and pebbles. Circa 1000, there have been at this point a moth, a man in a ditch surrounded by hills with a fence protected by wooden guard tower. The first expansion consisted of a no longer existent wall tuff shield on the north side of the hill.