Bobolice Castle (Poland)
Silesian Voivodeship See list of castles in Polonia
Bobolice Castle - a royal castle originally built in the mid 14th century and then rebuilt. It is located on Jura Krakowsko-Częstochowska, in the so-called system. Eagle's Nest, in the village of Bobolice in the Silesian Voivodship, in the district of Myszków.
The royal castle in Bobolice was built by the king of Poland Kazimierz the Great most likely around 1350-1352. It belonged to the defense system of the western state border of the Kingdom of Poland. The castle was to defend the invasions from Silesia, which was the border territory of the Czech Kingdom. The castle was part of a fortification called the Eagle Nest.
In 1370 the then Polish king Ludwik Węgierski gave the castle to his relative Władysław Opolczyk. This 9 years later he handed it to his courtier Andrzej Schoene of Barlabas (called Andrzeje Węgrem), who turned the castle into a fortress. Wladyslaw Jagiełło, the king of Władysław Jagiełło, who had turned the castle back to royal possessions in 1391, had been deposed in a robbery, but allowed Andrzej to continue to rule him. After his death the castle was inherited by his daughter Anna, and after her death the castle was split between her son Stanisław Szafraniec and her second husband Mściwój from Wierzchowiska Lis coat with children. This led to numerous conflicts which ended with Piotr Szafraniec (nephew Stanislaus), who bought half of the castle from Lisów in 1445. Piotr Szafraniec soon sold the castle to Florian Knyszyn, who in turn sold it to Andrzej Tresce, and his family sold it to Rzeszowski. The next owner in 1486 was Mikołaj Kreza from Zawada coat of arms Ostoja, whose family managed the castle until 1625.
During the invasion of Maximilian III Habsburg on Polish soil in 1587 the castle was captured by his troops. At the time he suffered more serious damage, but was quickly rebounded by the troops led by Jan Zamoyski. In 1625, the castle passed into the hands of Myszkowskis coat of arms Jastrzębiec from nearby Mirow.
During the Swedish Deluge, in 1657, the Swedes under the command of General Müller severely destroyed the castle. The next owners of the castle were Męcińscy from Żarek, but after the Swedish wars in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries the castle began to fall into ruin. When in 1683 King Jan III Sobieski on his way to Cracow - the concentration of Polish troops before the Vienna rescue - stopped at Bobolice Castle, his retinue had to stay in tents.
In the 18th century the castle was only partially inhabited. The inventory of the castle from 1700 shows its rather bad condition. In spite of attempts to rescue the castle, he fell into disrepair. In the 19th century a treasure was found in the basement of the castle. The treasure hunters have completed the rest of the destruction. After World War II, the walls of the castle were partly demolished and used to build a road connecting Bobolice to Mirow.
At the end of the 20th century, the Lasecki family - present owners of the castle - undertook the challenge of rebuilding this castle. On behalf of the family: Senator Jaroslaw Lasecki and his brother Dariusz Lasecki, with the help of Polish scientists and experts, archaeological, security and construction works were carried out. In June 2011, the relationship with reconstruction appeared in the world media. The official opening of the castle after twelve years of work took place on September 3, 2011. On the occasion of the opening of their letters congratulations were sent to the President of the Republic Bronisław Komorowski, the Sejm Marshal and the Prime Minister. Rebuilding in the shape of the approximate appearance of the castle in the sixteenth century, was completed despite the absence of any plans, sketches or drawings of the castle; Its shape was reconstructed on the basis of preserved ruins, with the knowledge of historians and archaeologists. Only traditional materials (mainly limestone) were used in the works, and special masonry was developed. The reconstruction itself has awakened and is still aroused controversy and criticism of the various milieus. The object is referred to as Disneyland, a bad mummy monument