Gwrych Castle (Wales)
Castle Gwrych nineteenth century near Abergele in Conwy County Borough in Wales.
Gwrych castle was built between 1819 and 1825 at the behest of Lloyd Hesketh Bamford-Hesketh, grandfather Cochrane Winifred, Countess of Dundonald. From 1894 until 1924, when the Countess died, was the residence of the Dundonald family. The countess left the castle in his will of King George V and then
During World War II, the government used the castle to house 200 Jewish refugees managed by the Jewish Zionist youth movement Bnei Akiva. After the war, the castle has left the Dundonald family and has been open to the public for 20 years. It 'been called the jewel in the crown of Wales at this time, and attracted many visitors. E 'was also used as a place of training for World English middleweight boxing champion Randy Turpin in the early 1950s.
In February 2010, a ghost was apparently photographed at the castle and featured in The Sun newspaper.
It is hoped that it will be restored to its former glory so that you can walk through its marble halls, once again as Winifred, Countess of Dundonald once.